Search This Blog

Monday 8 April 2019

why is it so hard to let go


Transitional period.


Just a couple of weeks ago
I dreaded going to work. Swear to god!
I wish I could sleep the whole day. No, I wanted to sleep the whole week.  After all I have put in solid 32 years of excellent work that I loved and cherished, I owe it to myself super-splendid rest.
This week - I am on the mission of clearing my leave before real retirement. Sleep whole day? I tried but of no avail. I failed miserably.
My garden is calling for me, so was my mountain bike, my drawing board was screaming to be colored, I get tired just thinking about potential things to do during retirement.
Out of a blue, a friend who I have not seen for 34 years, who retired called  to inquire about  tax  implication now that she wanted to make Penang her home with her newly married retired French husband. She has just retired from lecturing in Singapore’s Universities.
On retirement, She admitted too that she felt like a chunky part of her life is missing now when she doesn’t get to wake up in the morning, doll and dress herself up and sadly there is no office to go to and no job to do.
I always told my fellow lecturer friends, we are like an artiste, once you are out there on stage, I mean the classroom, then you will be worshipped and thus you could make a difference in someone’s life, lecturer must maintain their good appearance and enhance their looks, practice integrity, and articulately making presentation like this is the last day of your life. it's showtime.
If you are not performing, i mean lecturing, then it  feels like you are reduced to zero – nothing.
Learning to let go is not very easy when you were so passionate about what you do all those years and people told you that things you said and did touched so many of their lives.
My friend said, “I know those are baggages that I will gladly severed so that I only look forward of what my new life. I have money, time and freedom on my hands, I could tour the whole world.
Thanks Beng Lan, I am going to do the same. I am seriously thinking of moving into Consulting at the same time teaching young children to recite the Quran, maybe help to organize free food the homeless in the city. It’s a good enough start don’t you think?

#thanksAllah4blessedlife, 
#akubersyukur
#iamaghostwriter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages